Upon turning 29 a couple of weeks ago (Feb. 14), I began reflecting upon the life-shifting happenings of 28 (I can just hear all of my astrologically-inclined friends exclaiming, "I told you so!" -- Saturn's return and such).
This was 28 (in a nutshell):
- Shortly after turning 28, I decided it was time to leave NYC, the city that had been my home for the past five years.
- I said "I'll be seeing you!" to my chosen New York family and to the city that had exploded my heart wide open at the ripe age of 23!
- Dreaming up and filming "Behind The Tune" of my original song, "Catch Fire." Big thanks to Darren, Fiona & Jeremy for their work and time on this fun project!
Check it out here!
- My heart led me abroad for a wild Summer, beginning with a wedding in Ireland, followed by one incredible month of backpacking around Northern Italy, ending with a father-daughter trip from Barcelona, through Scotland and into England, where I had my first international gig in an adorable Cotswolds town called Witney.
Italy (hardly scratching the surface!)
Barcelona, Scotland & England
- At the end of the Summer I landed back in my hometown of Austin, Texas with equal parts gumption, determination and nerves.
- I became a barista at Caffé Medici, one of Austin's best and most beloved local coffee shops! These coworkers and patrons are now major parts of my Austin family. They have been instrumental (literally, two of them accompanied me at Parker Jazz Club!) in setting the foundation of new opportunities & community in the Live Music Capital of the World!
- With the help of 200+ Kickstarter backers along with my ingenious team of engineers & musicians, four original singles from my debut EP were released throughout the year!
House on a Hilltop, Catch Fire, Welcome Home and Tides (available on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, etc.).
- Ending 28 with a bang!
Two sold-out shows at Parker Jazz Club in Austin, a return show at Rockwood Music Hall in NYC and a feature on CBS Austin - We Are Austin!
There were infinite lessons learned from age 28, but the one that showed itself over and over and over was this -
- Trust the process and trust intuition.
This year showed me a new dimension of Love and generosity.
I got to fall head-over-heels for new places and people and experienced a loving partnership that brought tremendous growth. Over and over I took the jumps, even when the unknown was terrifying (cue "Into The Unknown" from Frozen II), falling into the beautiful net of community.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to 28 with your generous Love, your time and your open doors & hearts!
These are the first few weeks of 29:
- Starting March 3rd I'll be teaching a weekly Candlelight Flow & Restore evening yoga class at Be Well Austin (every Tuesday evening from 7-8:15PM)! It's a privilege to bring my yoga teachings & learnings from the Big Apple to the Austin yoga community!
- The fifth original single from my debut EP was released on February 22nd -
To My Love, is a celebration of Love, in all her many forms. It has been an absolute joy to receive your lovely responses thus far!
- I'm embarking upon a totally new endeavor of turning my original song, House on a Hilltop, into a children's book! (Open to all connections & helpful tips for this journey). The process has been bringing me such joy! :)
These friends (& Lily) made my 29th birthday a very special one!
I'm filled with great anticipation & curiosity for what's on the horizon.
The stage has been set.
I'm ready for you, 29!